Friday, July 1, 2011

Free Soil Test Kit

I had read a couple of weeks ago on
about a free soil test kit available from the local
South Florida Water Management District.
So, I sent for one.
Here's what came in the mail last week.



This is one of the basic steps
a budding gardener is supposed to do.
I don't know why we've never done it before,
but here's opportunity come-a-knockin'.




The instructions are clear and simple.




A list of local resources is listed,
should questions arise.




The information sheet came already highlighted,
so we know just what needs filling out.
You may note that although the kit is free,
each sample must be paid for.
Still, it's a reasonable amount
for the valuable information received.




Specifically how to take a sample is explained,
for the most accurate results.







The bag of samples can be...

 

mailed in to the provided address.
Maybe a university near you offers the same service.

Curious to know what they'll find...


5 comments:

  1. I hear over and over about how important a soil test is, and yet I STILL haven't done one. Maybe I need one where they actually come and get it? LOL!
    Hope yours turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane-If it ever stops raining (I'm not complaining!), I'll get to take the sample!

    Sue-That would sure make things easier, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking we should do one here too, but how great is that to get the kit & results for nearly free! I hope the results come back quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! Welcome home! I'll bet you could find one for free in your area too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!