Saturday, July 23, 2011

Java Jive


One of the best parts of my day is my morning cup of coffee.
Just smelling that mocha brown liquid brewing is a great way to start the day.
(Any fellow java junkies out there?)

It's a good idea to clean the inside cavity of your coffee maker every so often.  Ours gets cleaned about once a month.



See what I mean?
Yuck!
How does it get like this when it's just water going in there
and the lid is always closed?



We have a 4-cup capacity coffee pot, as I'm the only one around here addicted to the stuff.
Pour 1/2 C white vinegar into a measuring cup.
Add a coffee filter to the brew basket.



Fill the decanter the rest of the way with water up to the metal band.  Pour contents of decanter into reservoir,
just as you would to make a pot of java.  Repeat this process.

After the 2nd brew cycle, dump the vinegar/water mixture and the filter.  Repeat the process using only water once or twice more, to flush out the vinegar.




Enjoy your next cup-a-joe!



2 comments:

  1. I love coffee-couldn't start the day without it.
    Have you noticed, though, that there seems to be a lot more tea drinkers out there now. Never cared for the stuff, though I suppose it's better for you than coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could, but why? ;0)

    I only drink tea when I'm sick!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!