Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Garden Scores!

Craig's List is often scoured,
especially the farm & garden section,
in hopes of finding some real treasure.
This weekend it paid off!



I've been wanting a cart like this for some time.
On so many occasions, plants, dirt or yard waste
has been lugged to various areas of the yard.
I can't tell you how excited I am to have
this "new" piece of equipment.
It's like a kid at Christmas time!
The bonus is that I didn't have to pay full price for it.




Love the storage area for my tools, seed packets and gloves.
No more going back and forth because I forgot something.




The wheels in the front make it easy to maneuver.
These list at the local home improvement store
for at least $30,
I picked it up for half that price.
It still has a lot of use left and I feel good about
reusing something that someone else doesn't have a need for.
More and more, I'm returning to past practices,
by trying to find gently used items
instead of making new purchases.


Case in point...



This was picked up last week from a neighbor's recycle bin. 
Great for storing used coffee grounds,
banana peels and eggshells to add to the garden.