Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

Thrifting never gets old.
You just don't know what you're gonna find out there.

I'm not much of a shopper.
In fact, I can count on three fingers the number of times
the mall has been visited in the past 2 years or so.
Don't miss it one bit.

Now, thrift stores are another animal altogether.
I guess I just love the treasure hunt!
Old stuff is good...




Adding another Fire King bowl to our collection
is satisfying, especially when you read the
"Made in the USA" inscription on the bottom.




Finding this glass cup was a treat.
We had a similar "Flintstones" cup
which Lil' Guy had dropped.
He felt so bad about breaking it beyond repair,
so I was thrilled to pick up this lil' cutie for 50 cents.




Ready for a nice cold glass of rice milk.

Being thrifty is a way of life for me.
It never occurred to me that it had a name,
it's just my nature.
The blogs that I follow embrace the same school of thought.
It seems that I'm in pretty good company!

4 comments:

  1. Hubby and I like to go out west antiquing. We never buy--just look. It's rather "odd" to see stuff we had called antiques. Has nothing to do with OUR age......we're STILL 29. Ha. Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thifting is the only way to get 'made in the USA' products anymore. And the older stuff is better made. You got some great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good finds - I'm hoping to hit up some thrift stores this weekend when we visit my MIL in the city. Isn't it fun how cheap most stuff is but you can still get really great quality?!
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue-LOL! I can relate! ;0)

    Jane-I so agree with you on the quality of the older stuff.

    Katy-Have fun this weekend with your thrifting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!