Thursday, July 14, 2011

Got Peanuts?

UPS will accept styrofoam packing peanuts for reuse.

We get packages quite often as we purchase
some of Lil' Guy's gluten-free ingredients online.
I was thrilled to find out that the peanuts
could be used by our local UPS store.




They have been used in the past for pot fillers
when potting up new plants
and reused for outgoing packages,
but we still had more than we needed.

Hopefully, other UPS stores are participating.
It's good to know that a large company
is taking steps to be more environmentally responsible.


Reduce, reuse, recycle!




8 comments:

  1. That's brilliant - wish more companies would / were able to recycle packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani-I think consumers could influence that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is good to know. I have a huge bag in the garage! Also, our local flower shop recycles vases. During Valentine's day I caught her buying used one's from a thrift store. She's got my business from here on out!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great, Ames! I never thought of donating old vases to a flower shop. I love repurposing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got me thinking, I do not order a whole lot, but what I do comes packaged in crumpled paper. I can then reuse that paper. So maybe some people are starting to change their ways and not use the peanuts that never break down. It is good to see change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane-We use the crumpled paper in our compost pile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent! Good for UPS. I'm glad to see some of the waste reused.
    We used to have a couple in the area who would PICK UP packing materials. I have NO idea what they used it all for, but at least it kept it out of the landfill!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue-I hope the trend continues...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!