Monday, March 5, 2012

Are You Obsessed?

Spring Obsession is coming to Lakeland this weekend. 
Here's our post from last year's event:

http://mymaplehillfarm.blogspot.com/2011/03/let-obsession-begin.html

The desire to plant more natives is stronger than ever.
The focus is on low maintenance and Florida-friendly plants
that provide food and shelter for local wildlife.

These are some of the plants I'll be looking for:



Beautyberry
(birds loves these berries!)




Mondo grass
(doesn't get more low maintenance than this!)




Native Salvia
(friend to butterflies)




Blue Daze
(part of the "blue garden" makeover)




Native blue-eyed grass
(easy grower with no muss, no fuss)



African Iris
(blooms like nobody's business)




Guess where some of my paycheck this week
is gladly going?
;0)

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. I'm trying to increase the amount of plants in my yard that are native too and interplant with veggie and fruits. I love the beauty berry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect way to spend a paycheck! Love all your choices, esp. those first berries. I'm still living vicariously through you. Spring? What's that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post because this has been exactly what I have been starting to do! Introducing more natives would be GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Staci-I look forward to seeing your veggies and fruits mixing with the others in your garden!

    Kim-It's comin'!

    The Bama Gardener-Natives are the way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!