Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pantry, Organized


We're blessed with lots of cabinets in this kitchen.
A small pantry also helps to keep our menu staples
easily accessible.



It could use some tweaking...




We tend to buy some of Lil' Guy's gluten-free products
in bulk, so they end up on the topmost shelf.




Canned staples and condiments are on the next shelf down.
I stock up on these items when our grocery store
has them "Buy One, Get One" free.




The lower shelf contains baking ingredients
as well as some gluten-free items.




We keep pasta, coffee, soup and crackers
and canned tomatoes on the lowest shelf.




I got this beautiful jar from our co-op.
Big enough to hold all that lovely bread flour!






We are making the transition from plastic to glass.




One designated area for gluten-free items
assures that no contamination occurs.




This is one of the greatest space savers on the planet.
It has tons of storage and takes up the unused space
on the inside of the pantry door.
Brilliant!




Anyone else in love with jars?
They are the best for freshness,
and they look clean and simple.






It just took a little bit of rearranging
to make this pantry work even better.
I'm still on the hunt for the perfect storage rack
or basket for the floor.
I try to use every available inch provided.

Some day, my pantry will be filled with treasures
from my first canning foray!

IHeart Organizing


9 comments:

  1. Aren't glass jars just the best? I love the look of them and there sure are some pretty ones out there. Plastic always seems so dirty.....no matter how much it gets washed.
    Have you ever seen those old glass refrigerator dishes? I've built up quite a collection-they're wonderful for storing cut up carrots/veggies or leftovers in. And talk about pretty!
    Love the peak into your pantry. It's always so interesting to see how other folks arrange things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on an organizing streak! Good work on the pantry, it looks great - I love glass jars too :) I use the white plastic refrigerator lids that they sell for canning jars on my flour etc though, because most of my ball-type 'canning' jars I saved from pasta sauce! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So can I get on the list for when you go mobile?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue-I'd love to see those glass storage dishes! They sound perfect!

    Katy-Yep, just stickin' to the resolutions! Thanks!

    Jane-You're at the top of the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daisy- I put up a spot on my other blog showing you these dishes-
    http://thestuffthatkeepsmeawake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am jealous of the size of your pantry! I only have a cupboard :( Great post!

    Jen at the Social Home
    thesocialhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen-We use what we have...Thanks for popping in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I am in love with jars! I talk about them quite a bit on my blog. I just bought two new ones the other day. Have no idea what I will do with them, but just "had" to have them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll find a purpose for them. They always come in handy.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!