Friday, August 19, 2011

Day Trippin'


We took a little trip over to Gastonia yesterday,
which is about 30 minutes from where we are in Charlotte.


We found the farmer's market.



Inside there were quite a few vendors.
Most were carrying the same exact produce,
and with the exception of one, nothing organic.
Unfortunately, we found no peaches.



This caught my eye as soon as I walked in.
I love Hoosier cabinets and have always dreamed of owning one.
This looks like it could use some TLC.





We ended up buying just a few homemade treats
and a bouquet of gorgeous flowers for my sister.



We came upon this place on our travels.
It's right around the corner from the farmer's market.



These lured me in.
I have a thing for outhouses.



They are sheds, but I absolutely love the idea
of having one of these on the homestead.




Then we found the house of our dreams.
It's for sale.
The price is right.
It's surrounded by trees.



It's in a neighborhood.
No sale.

We've decided that we will end up having to rent
when we do move.
How does one find their ideal spot
when you relocate from another area of the country
and don't know exactly where you want to be?
I just hope we have a good realtor
when we are ready to make the move.

We'll be heading home tomorrow.
It's been a wonderful trip.
We are blessed to be able to travel and visit family.

Hope y'all are enjoying these last few days of summer!

3 comments:

  1. Aren't those sheds cute? I'd like one for a tool shed by the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm suprised there weren't any peaches. Maybe on the drive home through SC? I actually called the FM to see if apples were in yet. He told me some vendors had them but there would be a better selection in 2 more weeks. Can't wait!!! Applesaucing weekends for the next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue-Yeah, I love 'em!

    tami-I hope we do find the peaches in SC. I want to bring a box to our neighbors. Can't wait to see our applesaucing posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!