Monday, June 6, 2011

Recipes, Organized

Someday there may come a time
when I am away on a gal's weekend
or for whatever reason,
can't provide meals for my boys.
I thought it would be a good idea
to document all of our favorite recipes
so that I know they will not be wasting away
while I'm absent from the kitchen.



Our Family Recipe Book
When Lil' Guy's ready to leave the nest,
I can make a copy for him too!




There is a separate section for gluten-free recipes.




Using different colors for the various categories of
gluten-free, main dishes, baking, and veggies
makes it easier to find just what you're looking for.




Each source is listed for those recipes 
that are not original.




There's even a section for gifts-in-a-jar.




Most recipes have limited ingredients,
as we enjoy simple, clean eating.






A few precious family heirlooms have been saved
with original hand-written recipes
from past generations.




A pocket holds recipes found in magazines
just for holiday baking.




Along with the menu-by-the-month,
the boys should be well on their way
to gastronomic independence!
The binder sits next to the household notebook
in the kitchen where it is easily accessible.
Buon appetito!




Organize It Linky party at orgjunkie.com





IHeart Organizing

6 comments:

  1. Once again, you amaze me. That is so much nicer than the little card box that usually get handed down. The card box is always impossible to find what you need and you dont always remember what recipe is what. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Daisy...you are making me feel so unorganized! :-)

    Yes, another project to add to my "to-do" list. That list is growing longer by the week. One of these days I'm going to have to get started on it.

    Your boys will thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisy,
    Very nice. I LOVE all your organizational tips and habits. My recipes are hit and miss on the organized side. I've been collecting a 'new favorites' stash in a folder ... I keep meaning to put them in a 3 ring binder. I have the binder, the sleeves, the recipes... now all I need is the ummph! to get it done. Maybe when the garden slows down... that's my mantra these days for all procrastinated projects. :-)
    Meems

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane-I'm all about making things easier for everyone!

    Susan-When the time is right, it'll get done!

    Meems-I wonder if you have any little hands that would be willing to help you put the recipes together? They could decorate your notebook, so it would be extra special every time you grabbed it. You could even make it an excuse to bake cookies (or other goodies) together! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daisy - what a beautiful way to store (and use!) your recipes. I especially love that you have kept the old heirloom recipes as is, and that you sourced recipes too! Good idea on the color coding, I'm sure that will make it much easier to find them, and much nicer to look at them too!
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy-Thanks! Hope your day goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!