Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Just Go With the Flow...

I posted about an upcoming native workshop last month here:

I got the information off the extension center's calendar.  I read it over.  I should have known something was up when I called for more information at the listed number and the folks answering the phone didn't know what I was talking about...

Landscaping with Native Plants
Saturday, April 30, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Carver Recreation Center
1520 S. Idlewood Ave., Bartow
Call Bartow Front Porch at (863) 533-1773
for more information.

They still didn't know what I was talking about when I showed up last Saturday, ready to learn and buy a slew of natives for the garden.  Guess I should have tracked someone down.
So, no new natives for me.  Bummer...

I consoled myself by heading to the garden center and picking up these babies for 2 bucks apiece. 
They're not natives, but are listed as Florida-friendly.




We call them society garlic.
Here's more information:

I've been noticing them blooming all over town and each time would remind myself to look for some.   
Thankfully, I was in the right place at the right time
and picked them up for a song. 
Everything really does happen for a reason...