Wednesday, June 12, 2013

How We Homestead-Week Five

The "How We Homestead" Series has been a pleasure 
in which to participate.
Thanks to Staci for including me in this project.
Make sure to visit these bloggers to read about 
their future homesteading plans.


Where We Go From Here
Our last installment in this series brings an appreciation
for the various roads we have all taken to get to this place.
Many of our endeavors have been similar,
although we each have our own unique methods of exploration.
In this final posting on the subject,
we share our hopes and dreams for the future,
where we think homesteading will carry us into the next ten years.



Dreams should be shared, that's the only way they can take flight.
This blog is in itself a manifestation of a dream.
Here's where I hope we end up.

"All our dreams can come true, 
if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney




Having focused the past couple of years 
on really being present in the moment 
has met with its own challenges.
Many times I have caught myself thinking about 
what was or what isn't yet.
I'm a big believer in the importance of 
every single step of the journey,
knowing that God will only lead us to greatness,
whatever that may be in our individual lives.




The dream I have for Maple Hill is laid out there for all to see.
I felt it was vital to express this heartfelt pursuit in words 
for others to read about, ponder, and hopefully, bless with a prayer.
 Starting a therapeutic farm for kids on the spectrum
seems to be a calling, 
and I know that what happens today will help bring it to fruition.
It's a matter of trust.



Having been gifted with a child on the autism spectrum 
has given me a purpose in life that is all-consuming.
The light has been shone to me so clearly
and I continue to work toward the goals which are presented.
It may be something as simple as making bread
or learning to knit or teaching my boy how to grow his own food.
It all matters.




We should know soon if we will be relocating this year
to start our homestead in earnest.
If we are able, we will go full throttle.
If we can't move right now,
then I know that God has more for me to do right here.
And I'm okay with that.


 


The yearning to give back can be satisfied 
no matter where we call home.
The picture that I have of Maple Hill in my mind
has so many possibilities.
Nothing can stop a dreamer.
Nothing.




19 comments:

  1. I certainly hope that ALL your dreams are achieved. You've got a good heart-it shows in your posts. Nothing is more satisfying than having dreams come to fruitation. I've been fortunate to find the man of my dreams and a place in the country that makes my heart sing. I will be wishing you the same, Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy for you and I appreciate the good tidings. Enjoy your day. So glad to hear from you, Sue.

      Delete
  2. Another great post from your series! I have enjoyed them all. Dreaming of things to come makes the world more enjoyable! Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in! I'm glad you have enjoyed the series. It was a lot of fun to be part of it.

      Delete
  3. As I've said before - I love to read your posts. A therapeutic farm would be amazing - animals are such great teachers, aren't they? I can't wait to see {and read} how your farm dream evolves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Staci for including us in the series. I enjoyed writing it.

      Delete
  4. Beautifully put. Living fully in the moment leads to the fruition of dreams. Every one of you who have been posting in this series has that in common... living fully in the moment. Thank you for letting us see your dreams.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the blessings. I'll take all we can get! ;0)

      Delete
  5. Nothing can stop a dreamer - that is so true! I love your vision for the future and how passionate you are about it. I really hope you can make it a reality soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll happen when it is meant to be. I'm a very patient woman. ;0)

      Delete
  6. I love that last line. "Nothing can stop a dreamer." That is so true. I too have a hard time living in the moment sometimes, and find myself getting frustrated that we aren't where I want to be just yet. But I think it's the dreaming that keeps us going. Thank you so much for sharing in this series! It's been so wonderful to hear everyone's stories and know we're not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you that it's the dreaming that keeps us going. Looking forward to hearing more of your story.

      Delete
  7. Another wonderful post that I enjoyed so much I want to print it up and save it. I know your dreams will come true, Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leslie. I appreciate the encouragement. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  8. I love your dream Daisy :) love it!

    and I know you can make it happen, Through God, all things are possible, right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daisy - that is a beautiful dream to have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI I am a Senior in Highschool and I am trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. I don't know anyone that I can interview to get a better grasp on what I want to do, so a friend suggested I connect with some bloggers. So that's where this is coming from haha. I was just wondering what you actually majored in and what you were doing before you started homesteading. Also, how is it that you are making your living now? Thanks for your time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My background is in Education and Psychology. What I've learned about homesteading has come from life experience, and no school can teach that. I'm presently working as a full-time household manager and mom and part-time as a tutor. My hubby works full-time so that we can homeschool our son. Feel free to email me privately if you want more information. ;0D

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!