Friday, March 29, 2013

Jami's Honey Mustard


Salad is a lunchtime mainstay.
Now that I have fresh, organic produce
directly from the farmer,
it's eaten with relish and delight.
A simple vinagrette is all that is needed
to enjoy a healthful and tasty meal.

Increasing my choices is a personal goal.
Getting into a cooking rut is not where I wanna be,
so even a slight change in diet can be rewarding. 



This recipe was acquired at An Oregon Cottage
Jami included several other salad dressing recipes
that I'd like to try.
It was just a bit sweeter than I like,
so I will decrease the honey a smidge next time.
Still, with a minimum of ingredients,
it brings out the flavors in a green salad quite nicely.
It's also great as a sandwich spread
or on chicken or fish. 
Check out her recipes and give one a try!



Honey Mustard Dressing

1/4  C honey (or less)
1/4 C Dijon
1 clove garlic, minced
2 T lemon juice
1/3 C apple cider vinegar
3/4 C olive oil
1/4 t salt (or to taste)
Combine all ingredients except the olive oil and salt 
in a food processor. 
Blend until mixed, about 30 seconds.
With motor running, add the olive oil in a slow stream, 
blending until the dressing is smooth and creamy.
Taste and add salt if desired.
 Makes about 1-1/2 cups
Enjoy!


Like Ranch, but not dairy?
Try this.
Easy Italian dressing
can be found here.






Allergy-Free Lunchbox Love




Simple Saturdays Blog Hop


circa 2011 The ORIGINAL Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! My favorite is a simple lemon vinaigrette - just lemon, olive oil, salt & pepper. But I do use it so often that I may be getting in a salad rut myself. Will have to try out your dressing recipes :) Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll bet you'll be so happy you tried something new. Just a little change can get those creative juices stirring!
      Enjoy your holiday!

      Delete
  2. This looks and sounds delicious! I just love salads - could eat them every day. I can't eat store bought dressings anymore.....just don't taste the same. Thanks for sharing this. I will use it on tonight's salad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm blessed to enjoy a salad each day with lunch. I hope you enjoy some of Jami's dressings! Store bought? No way! ;0)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!