Friday, March 1, 2013

Eggplant Fritters-Oh My!


Not only do we enjoy our farm-fresh produce weekly,
but our friends who grow the goodies
also share great recipes with us
for preparing some delectable dishes.
Here's one of them Faye shared with us this week.




Eggplant is peeled and diced.


Steaming it in a steel basket takes only about 20 minutes.



Breadcrumbs, diced onions and a few spices are mixed together.
(I didn't have Lawry's, so I used my own favorite seasonings.)


2 beaten eggs wait their turn to join the fun!


All ingredients are placed in a bowl and gently blended.


We pan-fry until golden brown on both sides.

Eggplant Fritters
(Thea & Caroline Kaiser)

1 1/2 pound eggplant, cubed
1 3/4 C breadcrumbs
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 C onion, diced
2 T Lawry's seasoned salt (I omitted)
1/4 t pepper
1/8 t garlic powder
olive oil for sauteing

Peel eggplant and cube.
Steam 20-25 minutes until soft, then mash.
Add breadcrumbs, onions and spices into small bowl.
Beat two eggs and add to breadcrumb mixture.
Blend all ingredients together gently.
Pan-fry 4 minutes per side,
or until as golden as you like.
Try 'em with some 
dairy-free ranch dressing found here
Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. Ooooh these sound delicious! I've never made fritters from eggplant but I bet I would love it. I'll have to try it when I get some eggplant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM YUM YUM! so trying this Daisy! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - these look delicious! I've never even thought of making fritters from eggplant. I'm so happy you posted this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never made a fritter in my life! Hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  4. Yum! I'll be pinning this for our eggplant harvest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look delish! I found your post on Farmgirl Friday and I'd love to have you share it on The Creative HomeAcre Hop!
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/03/the-creative-homeacre-hop-5.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!