Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thrifty Thursday-Dishwasher Rinse Aid

Homemade cleansers have been used here for quite a while.
In the last few months, the effort has been made to
assemble new recipes for even more household products.
Recently, a dishwashing powder was posted.
Using straight vinegar in the rinse compartment
was working fine.
I thought I'd give this one a try to compare results.
We've been using it for about a week now
and it seems to take care of the cloudiness.
I'm still not sure about using the alcohol though.
I'll post an update as we continue to experiment.


Rinse-O-Matic
1 C vinegar
1/4 C alcohol
1/4 C hydrogen peroxide
2 T citric acid

(I reused an old squirt bottle I had as a dispenser.)

Let me know if you try it!





2 comments:

  1. I look forward to hearing how it turns out. I need the rinse aide every once in awhile, but I hate to pay it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly-Hope you'll try it and like it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!