Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tuesday Tidings


It's been hot and muggy around these parts lately.
When you walk outside any time after 9 a.m.,
it's stifling, oppressive and downright uncomfortable.
With our move further north on the horizon,
we're looking forward to a more seasonal way of life.



We've been talking to realtors the last couple of weeks,
trying to decide if we should sell our home
or rent it out for a year.
One of the considerations is the garden.



Buyers may not be gardeners
and renters might not be able or inclined to keep it up.
I have been giving away some of our native and Florida-friendly plants
on Craig's List in the last few weeks, to make it more appealing
 to those who may not be so fond of the outdoors.




Our saltbush trees are hosting these weird-looking nests.




They are made with dried leaves and some type of webbing.




I'm not sure what is constructing these works of art,
but we have had quite a few dragonflies in the yard as of late.




Our new pickets are working out just fine.
I like the way they frame several areas of the garden.




We've been blessed with a few days of rain in the last week or so.
The garden always responds well to Mother Nature's gifts.



giant yellow zinnias






avocado tree


native cotton plant







Wonder what's gonna emerge from here?



sweet potato vine



gloriosa daisy



lemons















peace lily



beautyberry

Hoping your garden greets you today with 
lots of wonderful surprises.

TGP





15 comments:

  1. Despite your heat and humidity, you sure have lots of "pretties" brightening the day!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about that. Thanks for the reminder!

      Delete
  2. Are you guys wanting to move North? Or stay where you are just find a different home in the country? Best of luck in your pursuit of a new place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are moving to North Carolina, somewhere more rural. Thanks for the well wishes.

      Delete
    2. I've visited a few times, beautiful country.

      Delete
  3. I've always thought if I could grow avocado and lemon trees that I'd be in heaven! But I don't think it will ever happen because I wouldn't like to deal with all the heat necessary to grow them haha. Excited for you and your future plans of moving further north!!!

    PS - Thanks for pinning my sunflower photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sunflower was SO waiting to be pinned!

      You'd need a greenhouse to grow them I bet.
      Thanks! ;0)

      Delete
  4. Avocados!!!! My favorite food that doesn't quite grow in our Illinois climate.

    I definitely agree that the seasons are something to be loved. I'm sure you'll love the cooler climates, but it has to be hard to give up all those plants. How can anyone NOT love them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but I keep thinking about how fun it will be to learn about natives up there. It's all good...

      Delete
  5. The beautyberry is awesome. I've always wanted one.
    I just can't fathom leaving my garden, or having to worry about renting to someone who didn't care about it. I often daydream about moving, and then I walk outside. How could I leave all my babies?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope someone else will enjoy it and keep it going. If not, it's given me a lot of pleasure and saved my sanity at times!

      Delete
  6. So sweet of you to give away some of your beautiful plants. Such a good idea to make sure they go to someone who wants them though. I'm thinking of you guys and hoping the transition goes very well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Staci! We're getting a little closer to your neck of the woods! ;0)

      Delete
  7. I would have loved to have such a beautiful garden when bought our home. I'm loving all the pops of color!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!