Thursday, August 1, 2013

Just Be Kind


In a post last December,
we talked about participating in a chain of random kind acts
to honor those who were taken senselessly.


 Here are a few of the deeds
we've completed so far for our
Sandy Hook Kindness Chain.



 

Homemade muffins for my doctor
during my annual exam.


With each good deed, 
we encourage others to join in.





Taking a neighbor to lunch.





Sweet treats for the folks at the water department.





 Cleaning up litter in the neighborhood.



Some tasty morsels for Lil' Guy's doctor and staff
during his yearly check-up.





Hot coffee for the ladies who cashier in the garden department
where the doors were wide open on a cold winter day.




Passing on our produce credit to another person 
who enjoys fresh goodies from our farmer friends




I think my favorite so far has been to insert a single, crisp dollar bill
into children's books at the public library.
We might have to repeat this one because it was so much fun.
It made me smile just to think about
some young child getting set to read, and finding a surprise.



This project is something we'll continue 
after our initial commitment is over.
I'm hoping that by Lil' Guy participating in these small practices,
he can feel a sense of having a positive impact on this world,
even in the humblest of ways.

~May God bless and keep those babies and their families.~






Our Simple Homestead Blog Hop
Little Homestead on the Hill
Little Homestead on the Hill






From The Farm Blog Hop

18 comments:

  1. I intend to do some of this when my grandson visits in a few weeks. He needs to learn to "share" and what a great example this sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet and kind! I love the idea of putting a $1 dollar bill into a book. It doesn't cost much and I think it would definitely brighten someone's day to find a surprise like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! I think I would love the dollar in the library book too. That would be so much fun to do. What a great lesson for the Lil' Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to put a dollar in a library book! I'm going to pay that forward too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all these ideas and the spirit of them, too! Many people have been touched by your kindness. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. I appreciate you being here.

      Delete
  6. I love the dollar in the book also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome idea! My fave is the dollar bill in the library book too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure how I missed this post but I LOVE it!! Such sweet ideas and the dollar in the book - what a fantastic idea! :) You are truly so very kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it. It's really easier to be kind than not...;0)

      Delete
  9. What a great post and I just love all of your cute visuals! I think my favorite is the neighbor to lunch one...fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!