Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thrifty Thursday-Buying Used


I've never been much of a shopper.
Clothes, especially, just aren't that important to me.
I'd much rather spend any "mad money"on gardening tools or plants.


We are debt-free and plan to stay that way.
We decided to pay cash for as much as possible,
and use credit only when ordering things online.
(Some of Lil' Guy's food is ordered online 
to get a better deal on allergy-free items.)
When we do use credit, 
we pay off the balance each and every month.
One way we stay on budget is by thrifting.

It wasn't until a few years ago that I started thrift shopping for clothes for myself.
Now I can't see doing it any other way.



Take these scrub pants.
They are the perfect thing for someone with my "nighttime challenges".
Being over 50, I sometimes wake up too hot 
and have to throw the covers off.
These keep me covered, 
but are light enough to be comfortable.



The thrift store where I bought these items
has a great selection of clothes,
especially women's things.
Most t-shirts like this are under $4.




This shirt is tailored for smaller folks like myself.
It looks like it's never been worn.
A few dollars for a piece that I can wear with shorts, jeans 
or over a skirt is a good deal in my book.



I found this scarf for Sister.
She often needs a little something to cover her neck
to protect her during the colder winter months in NC.



These felt pieces were only a quarter each.
Felt can be used in so many projects.
I'm thinking of using them to line drawers.
Love the chocolate espresso color.



Finding bargains is one way to stay on budget.
The fun part is never knowing what treasures lie in store.

Have you been thrifting lately?

2 comments:

  1. I do love to buy used as well. There's something about the thrill of the bargain! Our local Goodwill often has some good clothes and I've purchased quite a few items there in the past couple years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!