Friday, August 2, 2013

Sweet Potato Muffins (gf, df, sf)


Lil' Guy's favorite breakfast is pumpkin bread.
He'd eat it everyday if I let him.
He knows he needs to eat a variety of foods to be his healthiest.
These muffins are a nice change-up
and help him get some much-needed fiber into his diet.




Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Muffins
(Gluten Free Recipe Box)

1/2 C light olive oil
1 egg
1/2 C pear sauce
1 C sweet potato
1/4 C rice/almond/cow's milk
2 t vanilla

1 1/2 C gf flour mix
1/2 C sucanant (or sugar)
1 T flax seed meal
1/2 t salt
1 t cinnamon

Place wet ingredients in medium bowl.
Stir to mix well.
Add dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
Bake for 22-25 minutes.
Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. That last photo is so cute! I'd be thrilled to get that lunchbox. I've never tried sweet potato muffins, but I bet they are really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the lunchbox love logo for the hop. If you like sweet breads, you'd probably like them.

      Delete
  2. Oh yum! I'll be trying this recipe for sure! I also love pumpkin bread/muffins/scones... though I don't have them very often, I refuse to pay the crazy price of canned pumpkin. Never thought of using sweet potatoes, but funny enough, I just bought one and it's huge! So I guess I know what I'm doing with part of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these muffins look so good. I'm definitely going to try them. I'll just add more flax seed to replace the egg. I love anything with sweet potatoes in it. At Thanksgiving we always make a delicious vegan sweet potato pie.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pear sauce also acts as a substitute for eggs for vegan folks.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!