Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bloomin' Tuesday

The consistant rain we've had over the last week
has done wonders for the garden.

Here are a few lovelies close and closer.













This avocado tree grown from seed
seems to have found just the right spot for thriving.



Avocado is so versatile.
Along with being good for you to eat,
it's useful as a skin and hair conditioner
when applied topically.



Our bamboo trellis is just about covered in
sweet potato and morning glory vines.
Looks like something's been chompin' at the leaves.








I found this beauty peeking out of the rattleboxes.




This jasmine is not a native as far as I know,
but it's quite content where it's been transplanted.


The star-shaped flowers are a treat for the eyes.



This oak tree has grown what seems a foot in just a few days.
It loves the rain as much as I do. 

It sure would be nice to have a bit o' shade
here on the southeast corner of the yard.
I have to admit, I've been thinking of
taking this one with us when we move.

Keep it bloomin' y'all!

4 comments:

  1. Your salvia sure is lush and full.
    I think 90 percent of growing flowers that really thrive is finding out where they're happiest. Maybe that's true of people too?
    Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been getting some of that rain for the last few days. It seems to be having the opposite effect on my garden. Yours looks like a spring garden. One of the pluses of living in Florida, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue-That's a great way to look at it.

    Jane-Feast or famine, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some lovely blooms there! I wonder if it's rabbits that have munched on your sweet potato vines. Here in Nebraska, it's one of their favorite foods.

    You asked where I got the seeds for teddy bear sunflowers. I think it was Earl May Garden Center.

    I also enjoyed reading your posts about thrifting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!