Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Break in the Weather

With temps in the 70's today, I thought it a good time to
transplant some of the lovelies I've had in pots.
I think they'll be happy to have room to spread out.




This avocado plant was grown from seed. 
It managed to survive our absence last summer
and the freeze this winter.


 Here's another that I started in a plastic measuring cup,
but never got into the soil.  I guess that's why it's leaning.
As it reaches for the sun, it should straighten out.



 I'm looking forward to hosting caterpillars this spring.
I'm thinking it might be a good idea to plant some parsley next to the two milkweed plants.


This salvia is another native. 
Haven't done a thing to it and it looks mighty fine.


 It was quite a surprise to see these beauties coming up already!  I hadn't planted seeds,
but I guess some of them were left over from last fall. 
Or the birds helped me out.




One luscious strawberry awaits pickin'. 
I transferred one plant to a bigger pot
and the other is in the ground. 
I enjoy experimenting with things like that.

Hoping that spring comes early.
I can't imagine not being able to garden
for months at a time!
Cheers!