Sunday, November 14, 2010

Crock Pot Polenta

I had never thought of cooking polenta in the crock pot! This recipe turned out so well. I wish I could have shown you the final product, but it was gone so fast, I never got to take a picture of it!
With the cooler weather coming, I will be using my crock pot at least once a week. I've found so many great books at the library on the subject, it'll be easy to incorporate this useful tool into my weekly meals. Enjoy!

Polenta
(Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cookerby Robin Robertson)




Ingredients:
2 C cornmeal
6 C boiling water
1 garlic clove
1 t salt

1 T olive oil
Step 1:
Lightly oil insert of crock pot. Add olive oil & garlic
and turn on high. Microwave water for 3 minutes
or on stovetop to boiling. Pour into crock.
Add salt and slowly whisk in cornmeal.





Step 2
Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours, stirring
occasionally.






Step 3
Spoon
cooked polenta into lightly oiled baking dish
and smooth out top.




Step 4
Refrigerate until firm, 30-40 minutes.




*Polenta can be eaten in the first stage of creamy
mushiness. Anything can be added to compliment
this most satisfying dish. I added homemade gravy,
mushrooms and parmesan cheese.






Traditional Tuesdays Logo

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that, Daisy! Looks yummy and easy. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was soooooooooooo good! Perfect for these cool fall days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!