Thursday, October 26, 2017

DVDs,Organized


I love organizing spaces.
It really comforts me to know that 
everything is in its designated place
and that we can find what we need at a moment's notice.
We've been in this house since June,
and it has been a labor of love
to organize our pared down belongings.



We purged almost all of our music CDs and many of our movies.
We just found that they weren't getting that much use
and we donated them to a local thrift store back in Winter Haven.
This is what remains of our collection.
Although we don't often watch movies,
when the weather is gloomy and we just want to hunker down for the afternoon,
it's one of the best ways to spend some family time.
So, it became necessary to get these things organized.


Enter a dreamy enamelware cabinet.
I had been on the lookout for something like this.
I had found some, but they were either too big or too pricey.
This one called my name as soon as I laid eyes on it.


 The top was in beautiful condition,
but the inside needed a little love.
I took some baking soda and went over the shelves with a damp rag.



It did a great job of erasing the rust that lingered there.
I can't tell you how much I have been enjoying this gorgeous relic.
It seemed like the perfect solution for our DVD storage.


At first, the disks were simply housed there,
but I knew I wanted to tidy it up a bit
and make it easier to find things quickly.



 I found these bins on Amazon
and they were the perfect fit.
Four of them fit on the top shelf
and housed most of our movies.


 I created labels for A-L and M-Z as well as
a separate bin for holiday movies and kid-friendly films.


 We have a couple of big box sets that don't fit in those bins,
so they were placed on the bottom shelf.
Also here are blank DVDs, as well as C's music CDs.
The bins were a bit pricier than I expected,
so I only bought one set.
I plan to keep my eye out in case they go on sale,
because they are fairly heavy-duty and really are perfect in this application.


In the two drawers we placed all of our Wii components.
I love having it all out of sight
and yet readily accessible.


The cabinet takes up much less space than the trunk we had there before.
The bonus is that it also now stores all of our movies and music.
In a room where almost all of the furniture is new and modern,
this beauty adds vintage charm.



The streamlined look really appeals to me.
The room is small-ish, so having space around the furniture helps it look bigger.
I'm so glad I was in that thrift store the day I found this cabinet.
I guess I'll have to go back and see what else they've got!

Other organizing posts:
Finally File Storage
Manuals, Organized
Recipes, Organized
Legos, Organized










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!