Friday, March 27, 2015

Kitchen Organizing Ideas


I recently went on an organizing spree.
It's something that happens every so often,
and I just feel the need to tweak some of my spaces.
This week the pantry and baking cabinets were the victims recipients of the makeovers.
That post will be coming up next week,
along with a major announcement about where we are with our house sale.
Look for a special post next Friday for more details on an idea about how we are marketing our home.
It's pretty eye-opening!

Today we wanted to share some wonderful ideas 
about getting more organized in the kitchen.
They are all practical and easy to do.
Hopefully, you'll find something here that will make your life 
just a bit easier.


This $10 find from Target got a personalized touch with a litte black paint and a favorite recipe.
Get the tutorial at Calico » 

We use crocks for our wooden spoons, whisks and spatulas
right next to the stove where they are needed.
This savvy blogger even added a recipe right to the crock!

Display your utensils with style (but avoid the wrath of falling dust), by placing chic, white pitchers inside a rustic DIY cabinet.
Get the tutorial at Knick of Time »
 Turn an old crate, a frame and some wire into a storage nook.
Adding shelves would make this a great spice rack.

When this family embraced small-space living and moved into a 150-foot camper, they got smart about organizing. A towel bar repurposed as a place to hang spoons and spatulas turns a blank wall into a useful storage spot.
See more at The Noshery »  

A repurposed towel bar and a magnetic strip
helped this family use the vertical space in their camper.

Due to their awkwardly shaped handles, lids can comandeer a cabinet. Get them out of the way by outfitting a drawer with a tension rod that holds them vertically in place.
See more at the Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking »

Look at this clever way of coralling pot lids using a tension rod.
Brilliant!

Get plastic wrap and aluminum foil out of the way by stowing them in a well-hidden magazine file.
See more at The Wandmaker's Mother »

I may have to steal this idea from The Wandmaker's Mother.
We currently use one of our drawers for these items,
and I've never been entirely pleased with it.
See her terrific kitchen organization project here.


 There are so many fabulous ideas out there
to get you started on a more organized life.
We have also posted many times about organizing.
Begin with one drawer, one shelf or just one container!
You'll feel accomplished by setting smaller goals.
The good news is that it's contagious,
and soon you'll find yourself wanting to do more.
It's wonderfully rewarding.
And won't your family be impressed
when you can tell them exactly where to find things?

Happy weekend, y'all.

Here are a few of our organizing posts:

Legos, Organized
Files, Organized 
Recipes, Organized
 Closet Makeover 

Tuesdays with a Twist Featured




ABFOL One Project at a Time

This Is How We Roll Link Party Button



Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
Our Simple Homestead Blog Hop





18 comments:

  1. Organizing my kitchen is as the top of my spring cleaning list! I really like the door storage for the rolls of plastic and foil. I think I might try to talk the hubby into this project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! Spring is a great time to get organized. ;0)

      Delete
  2. Love that idea for the pot lids. I usually just have mine sitting on the pot it comes from, but often don't use a lid, so then it's "in the way".
    Some people have such a knack for figuring out clever ideas
    I'm just clever at STEALING those ideas!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the magazine holder idea! I use a drawer too, and it's ok but this is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing some great ideas Daisy! Having an organized kitchen makes everything go smoother. Have a great weekend!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete


  5. Daisy, no spring cleaning here. Well, unless it's a rainy day then possibly there might be some cleaning done. My major cleaning has to happen in the Winter garden down time. Spring garden time is just too busy to concentrate on kitchen organization for me. And, well, it shows some times. My kitchen is pretty simple since only one person cooks in the house and only one person really eats in the house. The biggest assortment of kitchen cooking utensils would be my cast iron skillets. Other then that I have one universal pot and one microwave roasting pan (convention oven is in the microwave) and one crockpot. What else does a bachelor need? :-).

    Have a great day organizing the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bachelor needs very little to make a happy life. In fact, that's true for anyone. Keep it simple, right? ;0)

      Delete
  6. You are speaking my language!! Beautiful ideas. My husband finally finished my spice rack which freed up space in one of my cupboards and made me absolutely elated. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That J is so handy. I know just how you feel. Good ideas are worth sharing. ;0D

      Delete
  7. I love the idea of adding a recipe to the crock that stores spoons. What a great gift to pair the crock, a spoon, the recipe and the baked good. I might steal that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all great tips. I really like the idea of using a tension rod for pot lids, it looks so much nicer than a haphazard pile of different sized lids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I thought that was a smart way to use the space.

      Delete
  9. This helpful & wonderful post is being featured on my blog today as part of Tuesdays with a Twist (blog hop): http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/2015/04/time-to-link-up-tuesdays-with-twist-105.html
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie! It's always a good time there.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!