Friday, August 24, 2012

Chicken From the Hip


Spontaneity is not one of my strengths.
Our menu is planned out well in advance,
thanks to our menu-by-the-month system.
This recipe looked so good that I decided to try it
on the spur of the moment.
It comes from  Barefoot Contessa.

I had been thinking about a new chicken recipe
to add to the family cookbook.
This one fits the bill, even though
only Big K and Mimi can eat it.
(Lil' Guy has multiple allergies and I don't eat meat.)


Would I love to hang out with Ina Garten in her kitchen
for just a day and learn how to cook
some luscious treats for my family!
She makes everything look so easy,
but I guess that's what happens
when you are passionate about what you do.
We used this recipe almost exactly
as she illustrated on her show.
It took under 30 minutes
and very few ingredients.
Hey, maybe I'll learn to be more impromptu!



Take 3 (or 4) chicken breasts, place them between wax paper
one at a time and pound with a rolling pin
(or whatever else you have handy).



In separate containers, take 1 C of flour,
mixed with 1 t salt and 1 t pepper,


2 eggs, beaten with 1 t water, and


1 C breadcrumbs and 1/2 C grated parmesan cheese.



Make an assembly line toward your skillet.


Lightly dust the chicken in the flour,



dip it into the egg wash, then


dredge it through the breadcrumb/cheese mixture.



Pan fry in 2 T unsalted butter & 2 T olive oil,
3-4 minutes per side.


It should have a crispy, toasty crust.



Big K said the chicken was so tender,
it could be cut with a fork.
This one's a keeper.

Thanks, Ina!





motivation monday



5 comments:

  1. Looks like a keeper here too---that looks simple and delicious!
    I so admire those women that can cook with ease. Despite DECADES of it, I STILL need to read a recipe and have never really gotten at ease with the whole process-much as I'd love it if I could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm in that category too. Doggone it, I was hoping it might get better. Ah, well...
      Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. It's me AGAIN-we just had that chicken for lunch today.
    YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!
    A keeper indeed. Hubby loved it.
    Thank you , Daisy!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my that looks delish, I might have to try that out. I love that it has only a handful of ingredients. So many recipes have a million ingredients.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!