Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday Tidings

While awaiting my hairdresser's next available appointment,
I strolled into this funky lil' shop in the same building.
Lookee what I found!






Not only did I scoop up this number,
but I found a whole shelf with aprons galore!
I'm not sure why I have this new fascination with them.
Something about them just feels so right to me.


It must be the practicality.
There's a true sense of purpose when I wear one
and think about the generations of women
who came before me,
donning their domestic garb.


My mom was the original Martha.
That woman could cook, clean and sew
like nobody's business.
She and my grandmother had a laundry in Paris
and they were independent business women
from the time Mom was young.
They always wore an apron to do their work.
How I wish I had some of those family heirlooms now.

I'll be back to that lil' funky place,
maybe even do a feature on it.
Don't you just love finding treasures in your own home town?