Sunday, July 25, 2010

Keep It Simple

I'm all about being organized.
In fact, I've gotten paid to organize other people's stuff. It's always come naturally to me. Maybe it's just the practical attitude I carry about everything. Even though I've moved quite a few times in my life, there are always a few things that I cannot bring myself to part with.
I don't consider myself materialistic by any stretch,
but these things call to a simpler time, a time when people were focused on daily living. As I make my quest to create that kind of life for my family, I find myself looking at these treasures in a different light.
Simple, practical and useful.
Everything has its place...



oil lamps


A butter crock from when I was a kid.
That was in the day when the milkman delivered to your back door!



An old postage scale.  Still works!


                                          
       

2 comments:

  1. I just love your tips on cooking and organizing...I menu planned this week which is totally unheard of for me! what a relief it has been not to have to make another decision amidst the chaos of my house! Cooking with wood adds a little tension because you do have to plan ahead...but you? again, bring me back to reality! Daisy? I soooo appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa-I never used to plan meals either and I was miserable! Hated cooking! Now it's so easy to not only cook, but to shop for ingredients too. Thank you for your kindness, as always, Lisa!
    Backatcha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!