Monday, July 19, 2010

After a day of running on Saturday, it was great to stay home yesterday
and get a few things done. I got the magazine rack painted,
and I think it will fit right into my boy's bedroom theme. If not, we can always use it in the living room.
While I'm not looking to acquire much these days, I do find some pleasure in finding the "right" item for the right place. Thinking back, I remember how much I used to enjoy shopping for antiques and vintage stuff. I've gotten away from that in the past few years, but it truly feels like part of my authentic self, so I am more open to getting back to it. I've always been a fan of the metamorphosis of things. People, rooms, gardens, it doesn't matter. I just love the idea that people or things can be brought into their original purpose in the best way possible. And being painfully pragmatic, this hobby fits right into that way of thinking.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!