Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Got Melon?














We've got cantaloupe! I counted at least 5 melons which will be ready for harvest in the next few days. Good thing Lil' guy and I love the stuff! No worries, I enjoy sharing them with our wonderful neighbor. 
It feels good to know that we are not only feeding ourselves, but that we can share our harvest, however small, with others. I look forward to having more property so that we can sow and reap even more for our family table. I'd love to be able to provide a local food bank with fresh produce and eggs as well. 

God always sees fit to bless us and it's our duty and moral obligation to pass that on. It feels empowering to know that something as simple as planting a few seeds and tending a garden could change someone's life for the better. 
Seeds are amazing lil' creatures...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, my husband and I would love to have our own property to start our garden and mini-farm too...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!