Saturday, September 11, 2010

Highs and Lows




Not sure what this is, but it's got lovely yellow blooms all over the top. I had moved it from the East side of the house to the backyard to add some height. I never anticipated the gorgeous color! Wonder if I can take a cutting from it and get another one? My limited knowledge of plant species can be frustrating at times, because I don't know what type of conditions the plants need. I guess it's all an adventure and I can just see how things go.


Tomorrow I have a lot to do. I pulled up all of the African Iris from the
front walkway and I am transplanting it to the backyard as a filler. I
find myself having a hard time knowing where to place things because it's difficult for me to picture the final result. I'm not good at drawing out
plans on paper (which is very unlike me). I think I have an idea about how I want it to look, I'm just not sure how to get there. Most of the gardening blogs I admire are full of mature plants and trees, so it's difficult to see the steps it took to get them where they are. I'm in the beginning stages of exploring this gardening passion, and I think I get impatient with myself.



The volunteer I had transplanted a couple of weeks ago is looking much better. It has plenty of leaf growth and the color is good. I'm tellin' ya, you can't kill this stuff! Soon we should have some brilliant orange and yellow blooms.




This is the tallest sunflower so far! It's gotta be 8 feet tall! I'm amazed!
It's been so fun seeing all the varieties of sizes and colors we've gotten this year. When I start feeling discouraged about my progress in the garden, I look out and see the sunshine growing in my yard. It's been wonderful to be able to have freshly-cut flowers in the house.
It always makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!