Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Autumn is Here!



Listen, I live in Central Florida. 
We don't get much cause to whoop it up with the changing of the seasons. My homage to fall can't be beautiful scenery blessed with every color of the rainbow. We just don't get the metamorphosis of foliage that other areas of the country experience. Some day I'd love to take one of those train tours that take you through the best of New England's fall foliage show. But for now, I've gotta be happy with what I have. 

Hot coffee and oatmeal laced with walnuts, honey and dried cranberries. I love to start my mornings off with this combination. And knowing it's good for me makes it even sweeter.

Okay, okay, so it's not a forest of gorgeous trees or apple blossoms sprouting, but it's the best that I can do here in my neck of the woods. Just knowing that cooler temperatures are around the corner does my heart good. There are so many things to look forward to in autumn. 
Home-grown tomatoes, lettuce, leeks. Fall festivals. 
Open windows to enjoy the fresh air through every room. Trips to the park where you can spend all day and not worry about the heat taking over.
Yeah, fall is the best season for someone like me who likes needs to be outdoors. 
It's a wonder I get anything done inside at all!
Happy Autumn!

barnhopimage


2 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this. Autumn is a beautiful relief from our summer. As I get older I find I hardly can make myself stay inside long enough to accomplish the housework. I just HAVE to be outside.
    Meems

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!