Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thrifty Thursday-Got Pyrex?





Do you love vintage?  Are you all about the retro look?
Have a thing for old kitchen tools?
I recently read an article in
about this wonderful website called Pyrex Love.






It's always a thrill for me to find old Pyrex containers
at the thrift store.  This glassware, which is made in the USA,
is heavy-duty and long lasting.
In fact, it's still going strong after generations have handed it down.
Things just aren't made the way they used to be
and I enjoy collecting these quality and functional pieces.


Here's a snippet from their fascinating site:

"We’ve tried to provide an online community for glassware collectors 
who are interested primarily in Vintage Pyrex
We post about our own Pyrex finds as well other pieces 
that readers have come across. We have a Pyrex reference guide 
 in which we try to list the different patterns and pieces 
you might come across. We are expanding that section 
as time permits and are also working on a FAQ."

 



It's good to know that as my collection grows,
there is a place I can go to learn about the history
of the pieces I purchase.



Want to learn more?  
Have fun browsing  here.








Homestead Barn Hop

From The Farm Blog Hop







14 comments:

  1. Yes! I love vintage kitchen tools. I use a 1957 Sunbeam mixer among other things...like Pyrex. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love Pyrex! My grandma gave me several Pyrex bowls a while back and I just love them. One even has roosters on it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family heirlooms are the best! They contain memories...

      Delete
  3. I only buy vintage for the kitchen. I have so many different patterns of the glass refrigerator dishes.....and every time I think I have them all, I find another pattern out there. It's a fairly affordable hobby---often it's just the thrill of the hunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what the good stuff is. I love looking in the fridge and seeing all that glassware. Yeah, it's fun to find it hidden in thrift stores and flea markets!

      Delete
  4. I have been looking for vintage Pyrex pieces! They seem to be hard to find around here, but one day... One day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flea markets and thrift stores are the best sources. Have fun!

      Delete
  5. These pieces look very familiar to an old timer like me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My 23 yr old daughter is crazy for Pyrex. It sure beats all that plastic that used to clutter my cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love collecting pyrex! I try to find my pieces for the least expensive price. I have had most of them packed away since our move. Just have the ones out that I use. I really need to dig them out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!