Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Maple Hill Hop 6


Preview


Welcome back to the Maple Hill Hop
where we share what's going on outside our doors!

Big K took a day off last week so we could head out to the
Florida Flywheelers Antique Tractor Show.
We have made it a habit to visit
whenever they have shows open to the public.
You can read about past visits here, here and here.
Love the stuff!




So many tractors, so little time...



One of our first stops is to visit the firehouse barn.
Lil' Guy gets a kick out of the old fire alarms.




As he's recently discovered The Three Stooges,
he really enjoyed this poster we found there.
Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk...


Another favorite is Mr. Batcher's Barn.
We've talked about this talented man before.
His woodworking skills are nothing short of amazing.


Although his health doesn't allow him to make the trek to the show,
his treasures are still there for all to marvel.
We wish him well...


Next, we headed to the flea market area
where gems like this can be found.
I will someday own a Hoosier cabinet.


How sweet is this old stove?
Simple, but it got the job done.


I almost walked off with this enamel tray.
 It'd be perfect for serving or for keeping fruit on the counter.



Many gardening tools could be found.


As well as household gadgets.


I don't know about you,
but I love looking through old kitchen stuff.
This place was loaded with it!




Cool, huh?




This percolator is exactly what I've been looking for.
It looked brand new.
It was tempting to make an offer,
but in the end, I had to let it go.
I'm sure I'll end up with one sooner or later.


Collectibles for everyone could be found.


These vintage oil bottles were absolutely fabulous!
I may have to think about starting a collection of these once we move.



A few years ago, we gave away most of Lil' Guy's Tonka trucks.
He used to be all about construction.
Sometimes I miss those days...


It was a beautiful day to spend quality time with those most dear.
I hope you'll share what you've been up to!

Let's HOP!






4 comments:

  1. I would like to own a Hoosier cabinet some day too. I just love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - a lot of treasures to be found!! I LOVE Hoosiers. We go to the Brimfield Antique Show in Mass. from time-to-time and they always have some beautiful ones that make me drool.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it! Some day, Staci, we'll be sharing pix of our Hoosiers...

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!