Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pay Attention

12 Simple Ways to Improve Your Life 
(or someone else's)

*When driving, leave the radio turned off 
and the windows rolled down.
You'll notice things you haven't before.

*Park further from your destination and enjoy the walk.
Just a few extra steps can add up to a real difference.

*Close your eyes when you brush your teeth.
You'll do a better job!

*Use your own pen when filling out forms.
*Bring your own reading material to appointments. 
These two will keep you healthier, 
as you are not sharing materials (and germs) with others.

*Leave unneeded coupons on the shelf at the grocery store.
The next person to purchase the product 
will get a wonderful surprise!

*Add the year to the first ten checks at the beginning of the new year.
By the time you use the tenth check, 
you'll be used to writing the new year's date.

*When making new entries to a phone book, 
write the name in ink,
the address and phone numbers in pencil.
Hopefully, you'll keep your friends, 
even if their address or phone number changes.

*Bring shopping carts back into the store for someone else.
You'll save someone an extra trip back to their vehicle and 
store employees won't have to take the time to round up carts.

*Leave a note in dry erase marker 
on your child's (or spouse's) bathroom mirror.
Start their day with a smile and a good feeling inside.

*Donate the leftover balance on a gift card to the next person in line.
Maybe they can get something they weren't expecting.

*Say a quiet prayer to every school bus, fire truck, 
police car and ambulance you encounter.
Something as simple as, "God bless and keep you
will keep the good stuff moving.
   
*Leave one dollar bills in children's books at the library.
Reading really pays off-in more ways than one!

These are all small things,
but can add up to improving your life
(and maybe someone else's).



"The manner of giving is worth more than the gift."
-Pierre Corneille










Homestead Barn Hop




Simply-Inspired-Wednesdays-Graphic-with-SL-Logo-only


Simple Saturdays Blog Hop

Motivation Monday Linky Party Sunday 6:30 pm at www.alifeinbalance.net





14 comments:

  1. Wow-some really excellent ideas here. I never thought about all the germs on pens/reading materials. I just used BOTH yesterday at the doctors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope we gave you something to think about. Enjoy your weekend, Sue!

      Delete
  2. Love the list and I'm surprised how many of them I already do! I've turned into a bit of a germ-a-phobe the past few years. I always use my own pen. Except for those CCard swipey things. You've got to use their special pen.

    Give me the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! Hope you get some gardening time in today!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful ways and words to live by. I will put this list on my board and try each day to do something nice for someone else. I especially like leaving a dollar in children's books. I think it great to leave a dollar in any book is a wonderful idea! I used to hide money in my (large) collection of cookbooks. I would often find the money when I brought out a book that I used only at Christmas time and found money, couldn't be a better time to find money! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! I never even thought about closing my eyes while brushing my teeth, but now I'm going to try that! And I agree on the one about rolling the windows down and turning the radio off. You do notice so much more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to start doing that when I brush my teeth after having cavities (again) the last time I went to the dentist. I guess any time you block one of your senses, the others kick in.
      Enjoy your weekend, Tammy!

      Delete
  5. Good tips ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daisy - I adore this list! I just love your outlook on life. I always look forward to your writing and photos - they make my day. Happy Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't you sweet?!! I'm a big fan of your photos too. You have a way of capturing an image like no one else!
      Thanks for the kindness-now you made MY day! ;0)

      Delete
  7. This is a great list! :) I especially like the writing the year on the checks one - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does help save some aggravation! Have a great weekend, Katy!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!