Monday, December 3, 2012

Gifts in a Jar


As someone who describes herself as
chronically organized,
Organizedhome.com is one of my favorite sites.
Here I discussed some of the amazing ways
this treasure trove of information
can help you meet the challenge of getting
all of your ducks in a row.



Along with sage advice about organizing
everything in your home,
they have a dedicated space just to help you
get your holiday tasks efficiently completed.
One of the best gifts I've ever received was from a teacher
I worked with many years ago.
She gave me a mason jar filled with homemade cookie mix.
I would have been content with just the jar,
but to have homemade hot, piping cookies from the oven
without much fuss?  I was sold.
Ever since then,
I've been making these gifts for others.



You can find all kinds of gifts-in-a-jar ideas here.
They are great for teacher gifts at the end of the year,
a lovely gift for a grandparent anytime
so that time can be spent making memories baking together, or a housewarming gift for someone who can't wait
to try out their new kitchen.
Browse the options and select your favorite.
But don't say I didn't warn you...
You'll be hooked!



15 comments:

  1. Mornin' Daisy! Can't wait to visit the site--thanks so much for the tip! Hope you have a great Monday-- :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kat! Hope you enjoy your visit to the site. There are so many good ideas there.

      Delete
  2. These are great Christmas gift ideas! I think anyone would love a cookie mix in a jar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, everyone I've given to has enjoyed them. ;0)

      Delete
  3. Didn't know about this, thank you for sharing, I would love to make a hot chocolate jar!

    Linking back from dare to DIY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I love these gifts, too! One year, I made smores cookies in a jar for coworkers and they were a hit.

    Thakns so much for linking up to Dare to DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post! I love your blog and am a new follower. I raise chickens and ducks and blog about farm life at Fresh Eggs Daily. I would love for you to come visit and share at my weekly Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/11/farm-girl-blog-fest-11.html

    Lisa
    Fresh Eggs Daily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I've been following your blog for a while and enjoy it regularly! Thanks for the invite.

      Delete
  6. I love gifts in a jar! So simple yet beautiful and fun to receive. I'm doing many for the holidays this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the best? Folks just love gettin' 'em.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. These are great Christmas gift ideas! I think anyone would love a cookie mix in a jar! Pawn Gold

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!