Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tuesday Tidings-Street Fare

The weather here in Central Florida has been oh-so-nice.
As much time as possible is spent outside this time of year,
so Saturday was a great chance
to check out the street fair downtown.



Here you can find the streets blocked off
to make room for vendors of all kinds.
It's a once-a-month event.



Jars are an obsession interest of mine.
These were fancified though.
Maybe I'm old-fashioned,
but I like 'em plain and simple.



These unusual globes have lights in them.



These lanterns were made of heavy-duty plastic.
The vendor wasn't sure if it was recycled.  I asked.



My favorite stop was this table.
Maria sells a variety of products,
crafted by her own hands.
Her family raises goats which provide milk for
soaps and cheeses.
We talked for a while and she was
glad to share her knowledge with me.
It seems I'm finding more local folks
who share my vision of healthier, simple living.
You can find information about her farm here.



Her homemade rosemary bread was delicious.
That's the loaf I bought there in front of the basket.
It didn't even make it out of the parking lot.

Local food is such a fun discovery!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I often wonder how we were "convinced" that buying from a grocery was better. It's so nice to be able to meet and talk with those that make the products. It's not some faceless corporation. How nice.....
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, I think the tide is changing. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  2. That looks like a good time! I love homemade bread so I would have been all over that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between the two of us, it would've have been gone by the time we reached the car!

      Delete
  3. Now that's my kind of market! Looks like it was full of great things! Thanks for your comment on my beswax ornaments by the way. It didn't cross my mind to put up a tutorial until you asked... so I did one for you today :) Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that yesterday, but I didn't have time to really study it. Thank you so much, Stephanie!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!