Sunday, December 19, 2010

Homemade Holiday


I've always enjoyed crafting. 
Alas, my lil' guy prefers building,
so we've gotten away from it.  
It's especially rewarding to repurpose
everyday items found around your home.

Here are a few relics from the past.
It's fun to rediscover these valuable
family treasures each year when the time
comes to festoon the tree.
Enjoy your holiday memories.




Candles made from cardboard tubes and colored paper

This was a kit I got at a craft store.  Took no time at all!

Rub-on stickers repurpose an old bulb.

These are knitted booties with paper clips (a family heirloom).

Snowflakes can be as simple or elaborate as you like!
Using specialty craft scissors changes the pattern.

I treasure my lil' guy's snowman.
(I call him Jimmy Durante.)

This one's not homemade, but it is one of my favorites.

6 comments:

  1. I really love the one that is the old light bulb with rub on christmas stickers! i have that around my house, and the girls could do that easy! thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite ornaments are the ones my daughter has made. I hang them on the tree, the fridge and the windows. Love that light bulb idea...quite clever. Have a wonderful Christmas, Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I treasure the stuff my boy has made, especially since he is not the "crafty" kind.

    You do the same Susan! Blessings in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you be willing to do a tutorial or a pictorial on how to make these, Daisy? I am knitting retarded but I would love to make the skates! with your help...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa-These were actually my hubby's mom's that we saved. I wish I could help you! I would like to learn to knit this coming year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!