Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The First Resolution

This word says it all. 
Who doesn't want more joy in their life?  
It seems to me that it's eluded me for too many years now.  
I don't know if it's been so scarce because I've been 
caught up in the world of autism, 
or just trying to find where I fit 
in the grand scale of things, 
but it's been gone for too long. 

Thinking back on this past year, 
I can name less than a handful of instances 
where I truly felt joyful.  
Well folks, I'm here to tell you 
that I aim to change that.  
The first resolution on my list this year 
will be to have more fun.  
Feel more smiles emanating from my own face.  
Laugh and giggle until my belly aches.  
It's been too long since I felt that.  
I'm the only one who can change it. 

I tend to think too much.  
The best ideas usually come about 
when one is relaxed.  
The creative juices just flow better.
Let the games begin!
Wishing you and yours a joyful new year!