Monday, August 23, 2010

Good To Be Home

As much as I love getting away, there's something appealing about coming back home to things familiar. This weekend we (mostly) stayed home. After a quick check on the garden (and finding it overgrown), I hunkered down for the weekend. The weather cooperated beautifully, with thunderstorms both days. Sunday was my idea of just about perfect. Gardening in the morning, listening to the rain while doing the Sunday crossword puzzle in my favorite chair, which ultimately led to a nap in that same location.
The day leant itself to so many wonderful things. Homemade bread from the oven filled the house with a most mouth-watering aroma. Later in the day, I picked up some stepping stones from a seller on Craig's list. Looking forward to adding those this week to our path.
Simple pleasures...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!