Friday, October 12, 2012

Club Soda Pancakes

This recipe was adapted from one I found on
Tracy's blog over at
The secret is in the club soda!



Club Soda Pancakes

2 C flour
3 T sugar (we use sucanat)
1 t salt
1 1/2 C milk (we use rice or almond milk)
OR
club soda
(we used a combination of rice milk/club soda)
4 t baking powder
2 eggs
5 T oil

Stir ingredients together in medium bowl.
Add a bit of oil or butter to skillet or frying pan.
Cook over medium heat until bubbles form on one side,
then flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
Enjoy!






A little local honey is all that's needed on top.
Ummm, fluffy goodness!
Hope you try some this weekend!
Fridays-R-4-Farmgirls!


Photobucket




HomeAcre Hop

Simple Saturdays Blog Hop




6 comments:

  1. I've not used club soda in pancakes but I do use it in waffles for a very light and crisp waffle! Thanks for sharing - I'll have to try the pancakes now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of using club soda in pancakes! I am intrigued! I guess it works to keep the batter light and fluffy? I'll have to pick up some club soda to use in my next pancake batter!

    Thanks for sharing on Sweet Saturday! (I was the co-host this week)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, you're exactly right. They turn out so fluffy. Makes sense, right?
      Thanks for co-hosting!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great trick! I will have to remember this! thanks for sharing at Sweet Saturday last week, hope to see you there again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found something helpful here! Enjoy your weekend.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!