Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Statesville Craft Show


Last weekend,
I was able to visit a local craft show event in Statesville,
about 30 minutes from our current location.




It was held at the Statesville Fitness and Activity Center,
which is part of the town's parks and recreation department.


The place was massive, with a huge outdoor playground area.



The craft show took place inside one of the gymnasiums.



Look at this giant rock climbing wall that greets visitors. 
Doesn't that look like a lot of fun?



The craft show featured quite a few vendors.
The beautiful day made it perfect for venturing out.
The turnout seemed good,
as vendors were kept busy showcasing their wares.



The first artisan I met had beautiful artwork on display.
His paintings were eye-catching,
with vibrant colors and bright, bold scenes portrayed.
This was his first show.



These hand-carved pieces of wood
act as natural speakers.
See the phone propped inside?
Who knew?



At the Creative Nook booth,
there was an array of various artwork,
including these adorable painted wooden boxes.
I could think of so many possibilities for these!




These handmade pens stopped me in my tracks.
For someone who enjoys journaling and other types of writing,
these pens would be a wonderful indulgence.



PopsKreativeStache also fashioned these wine corkers.
What a lovely gift for your favorite wine lover.





These unique puzzles from Bent Cedar Creations are another great idea for a gift.



You know these puzzles would last through a lifetime of building,
or simply framed for their beauty.





Sweet Fire Farm features upcycled and repurposed jewelry and furniture.
All of their items are farm and rodeo inspired.
Love when folks find new purposes for things.



Jean, over at Painted Glass Designs 
showed off her superbly painted bottles, jars and serving pieces.
So many talented artists!




Handsome handmade metal crafting was displayed by Boonville Metalworks.
I really enjoyed their rustic array of items.




Isn't this the cutest lil' berry colander you've ever seen?
The lively color caught my eye.
This bowl was courtesy of RosylouPottery.




The Soap Shack had a nice variety of soaps, lotions and other handmade products.





Hats, Bags, & Quilts, oh my! had something I'd never seen at a craft show before.
These are bookmarks that fit in the corner of the page.
These are a lot fancier than the simple versions I make from feed sack scraps.
What a great gift for an avid reader.





I certainly found a lot of inspiration at this craft show.
Folks never cease to amaze me with their creativity.
It makes me think I need to find some other uses for my feed sacks.
Who knows, maybe we'll be working at the next show.

What field trips have you been on lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!