Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Maple Hill Hop 53



Maple Hill Hop


Welcome to 
The Maple Hill Hop.
This is a hop for folks who love the outdoors.
Feel free to post about anything that's going on
OUTSIDE
in your neck of the woods.
(Please share only outdoor posts.)




This past weekend we made it to the 
Lake Mirror Classic Car Show in Lakeland, 
which is about 30 minutes from where we live.
Every year, this automotive spectacle allows us a peek
at vintage automobiles we could only dream of owning.
Some folks are seen dressed in period costumes,
which adds to the fun and frivolity.
Just look at these gems.





I'm drawn to the quirky cars.
This three-seater would be perfect for our family!




Simple, clean interiors really appeal to me.



Talk about the perfect delivery roadster!



This Isetta is one of the most fantastic vehicles I've ever seen and a family favorite.
What a treat to motor around town in this cutie.




One of the best parts of the show
is hearing about how the owners came upon acquiring their treasures.



Many displays brought back feelings of a simpler time.



Mirror Lake is home to many birds,
including the symbol for the city of Lakeland, the swan.



Lil' Guy (who isn't so little anymore),
enjoyed communing with the birds.




And a good time was had by all...

Whatcha been up to where you live?
Hop To It!






8 comments:

  1. Personally, I am lusting after an old farm truck....rounded hood, old paint (maybe rusty) with wooden slats around the cargo bed...perfect farm truck!! I have even thought of buying an old rusted out truck (for some reason I picture red with rust) ...with no engine... and using the bed of it to plant full of flowers! I just might have lived in the country for a little too long....junk is looking better to me each day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one pictured here had the wooden slats as you describe. That was one of the features I liked best about it! I know how you feel, I love flea markets and thrift stores! Treasures!

      Delete
  2. I love classic cars! What a fun weekend you guys must have had. Isn't is funny how one day our boys are Li'l Guy and then one day....they're not? Every once in a while I think "Who is that man in my house?" and realize it's one of my sons. Time flie crazy fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say the same thing when I hear my son talking in another room. ;0)

      Delete
  3. What fun! We went to a classic car show for Father's Day and the kids had an absolute blast! We saw some fun cars. Not sure if it was an Isetta but I think it was. Such an interesting car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely lake! We used to take vacations to Minnesota and Nebraska lakes to go fishing and swimming. I haven't been to one in quite awhile. Those vehicles are in awesome shape! Thanks for coming to my blog. Yes there should be enough seeds for the birds for awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!