Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Maple Hill Hop 15



Maple Hill Hop

Welcome back to The Maple Hill Hop.
Here we share what is happening outside our doors,
no matter the season. 
We hope you'll join us
and we appreciate you linking back to us!


We've had quite a few days that looked like this.
Dreary, cold and sometimes damp.
Perfect days for staying in with a good book, a classic movie
or a challenging jigsaw puzzle.
And don't forget the cocoa!


In our backyard, a few things are still doing well,
not bothered by Mother Nature's changes.
This Bibb lettuce has been planted in two separate pots.
Growing your own lettuce is so satisfying.



I had reseeded a few green bean plants,
and I'm happy to see that they have germinated just fine.



The garlic is still going strong.
All crops were fertilized this past weekend
and will continue to be fed every two weeks.



The passionflower graces us with amazing texture, color and vibrancy.


This little cutie must have found a cozy place to spend the chilly nights.
I can't wait to see what life outside looks like in your neck of the woods!

Let's HOP!





8 comments:

  1. Daisy, you give me a glimmer of hope that this crazy Winter will indeed end soon. There's not a spark of life outside here yet and that's probably a good thing with reoccurring below zero temperatures. I've not seen a Winter this cold in a very long time. We usually get a night or two of below zero temperatures during a normal Winter but this year it's been eight or ten nights of frigid below zero temperatures. This has also been the Winter of high winds with several wind storms carrying gusts of 50 or 60 MPH. That's not really unusual but several times in a Winter is a little uncommon. It will be a most welcomed Spring when it arrives.

    Have a great plant budding day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is so satisfying to grow your own lettuce. I need to work on figuring out a system to grow it year round :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I never tire of looking at it. God sure does good work!

      Delete
  4. Hi, I am a new follower. I found you at Our Neck of the Woods.
    We live in Northern Wisconsin, so cold and snowy here.
    Your lettuce looks so good. I can not wait to garden again. I have several months to wait. But I can start to plan :-)
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! One of my best friends is from that part of the world. I hope you are enjoying planning your wonderful garden. Stay toasty!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!