Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday Tidings-Kid's Menu


One of the many blessings of being a homeschooling family,
is getting to each lunch at home together daily.
Not only does it allow us to enjoy each other's company,
it fosters a feeling of independence.
My son is learning how to make real food
and becoming more responsible for his own choices.
I found a way to make it easier for both of us
so that we can enjoy our family noontime meal.








A simple menu was printed up
with most of the dishes he enjoys on a regular basis.
Taking into consideration his multiple allergies,
the selections are all safe for him to eat.
He just has to pick one.  
It's posted right next to his seat at the table.








I had to add my own twist to the menu.
I'm like that...




What a blessing to be able to spend so much time
with my favorite person in the world.
 The menu gives me one less thing to have to decide
and gives him a feeling of control
about his own health and well-being.
It's a win-win! 


A Bowl Full of Lemons
Organize It! link party


The Chicken Chick




Simple Saturdays Blog Hop



2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Sometimes, it is so difficult to come up with lunch or dinner ideas at the last minute. To have something in print would be great for those afternoons or evenings that I go brain dead LOL. I developed a menu when we went on vacation for a week and it was a great help. I never even gave it a thought to continue it once we got back home. My children are in their teens now, but it could still be useful, especially during the summer when our time is so short with the garden in full bloom. Thanks for sharing with 'Made From Scratch' Monday this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you didn't mind that it wasn't a recipe. Hope it's helpful!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!