Friday, February 1, 2013

Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken


This is one cookbook I plan to acquire.
I usually get it from the library,
but it's worth buying as it has so many tasty recipes.
The best part for me is that every one is already gluten-free,
so it's even less work for this family cook.
I did modify this recipe a bit,
but you can find the original recipe here.



The rotisserie chickens offered 
at the local grocery store are so convenient,
but are also mostly loaded with stuff we don't eat.
Fillers, preservatives or the worry about gluten or other allergens
keeps us from buying them.
Now the boys can have rotisserie chicken anytime
and it couldn't be easier!



What could be simpler than a few spices
and some chicken thrown into a pot?




Don't forget the garlic!
The crockpot is great to use anytime of year.
It does the work for you
and you get all the credit!


Rotisserie-Style Chicken
Two chicken breasts
(You can use a whole chicken, just adjust the amount of seasonings) 
 1 t sea salt 
1 t paprika 
1 t onion powder 
1 t Italian seasoning
2 whole garlic cloves
 

Skin the chicken.
Combine spices in small bowl. 

Rub the spice mixture all over the breasts.
Add two cloves garlic on top. 
***Do not add water.***
(Won't it burn?  Nope, the chicken juices seep out of the bird  and keep it moist.)

Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours, 
or on low for 8. 

 Enjoy!









Little Homestead on the Hill



Simple Saturdays Blog Hop




Our Simple Homestead Blog Hop

20 comments:

  1. I'm officially trying this next week. I love rotisserie chicken. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crock pot cooking make life a bit easier for you moms working outside the home. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Crock pot recipes are great! I love coming home to a fully cooked, ready to eat meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love Rotisserie Chicken. Thanks for the crockpot idea! Definately going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great idea! I have a large crockpot too. I will be pinning this to try for sure! Thanks... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found something you like here. Happy pinning!

      Delete
  5. That looks wonderful. Now I'm hungry :) I will try this next week for sure. I am going to look into getting that cookbook too. Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cookbook is well worth purchasing. So many great recipes! Enjoy!

      Delete
  6. That sounds good! I tried a recipe for slow-cooker whole chicken and found it to be a little dry. I think by the time the whole chicken was done the breast meat was beginning to dry out. I like the thought of the spice mix on these - can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have got to try this. It sounds wonderful and I can make just enough for two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or you could make more and freeze it for another day! Enjoy!

      Delete
  8. Hi Daisy!
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe and the book as well.
    You are this weeks Tasty Tuesday Recipe Feature at Dandelion House!
    I'm also added your recipe to the Farmgirl Friday pinboard!
    Congratulations!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm always glad to share the good stuff!

      Delete
  9. I love crock pot recipes and this one is simple and so easy. Using just the chicken breasts is perfect for my husband and me! Thank you for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can't beat crockpot cooking ( well, most of the time, anyway :) I recently started doing pork chops in the pot..I have always done a big piece such as a roast, in there, but the last time I put a pile of chops in and oh my what a difference from my usual in the skillet method.
    You are right about store bought rotisserie chicken, too. I have bought it in a pinch to use for pot pies or other recipes in the past but it is too spicy and lately I see they shrunk the chicken and raised the price, ha ha...cheaper to buy a split turkey breast and do it in the crock pot than buy their teeny chicken ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm convinced that anything can be made in the crockpot. And usually improved! Cheers!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!