Thursday, February 16, 2012

One Simple Thing-Library Basket

We enjoy patronizing our local library
pretty much every week.

What a concept.
I mean, you walk in,
you pick out any book, DVD, or musical CD
in the whole place
and walk out with goodies to last you a couple of weeks.
Our community library system
even delivers books to your home
Not much is free these days.
With all the modern technology available,
it would be a terrible loss if libraries were no more.
Several friends have purchased electronic readers,
but I just can't bring myself to do that.
As long as libraries are around,
we'll be visiting.





Each week,
any materials acquired from the library
are placed in this basket.
Care is taken to place them back into
this designated container after enjoying them.
When time comes to return items,
we need only make one stop
to retrieve all materials due.

Having an appointed location
makes it easier to keep track of articles
and treat them with the respect and gratitude they deserve.
After all, we are thankful for the bounty
our library offers.
It is instrumental in educating us, entertaining us,
and helping us become all that we can be. 
No small feat.

One Simple Thing


Simple Saturdays Blog Hop


7 comments:

  1. I would hate to think of a world with no libraries. They have cut my book expenses dramatically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me I have to get 2 back! Thanks! Also you and your readers my be interested in my give away if you haven't registered yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have been staying away from the e-reader craze. I can't imagine a home without bookshelves of books, or a family without library cards and stacks of borrowed books! I love your library basket, I've got a serious love for woven baskets and books, what a perfect match :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just came back from the library ourselves today actually, and are going back on Saturday. They are having a lego party and my kids wouldn't want to miss it :) Love your idea of the basket, I saw a similar one last week at the thrift store, and it was so big, I didn't get it since I didn't know what I'd use it for. Must go back tomorrow and hope it's still there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, I am definitely a fan of the library. I download audio books from the on-line library site as well. I love the library!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a library lover myself. Since I've been pregnant, I've been going even more regularly. I love that I can search and hold items at home and just go pick them up when they are ready. Also, I have an e-reader and love downloading books for free from the library's system. No reason not to get an e-reader! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue-Yes, I agree that they save you money. It's great to check out a book before making a purchase to make sure it's what you're looking for!

    Clint Baker-Thanks for stopping by!

    Katy-Yes, books just make a house seem more like a home, no?

    Stephanie-Hope it's still there!

    NanaK-What a wonderful service!

    Kim-I know what you mean, there's so much to learn before having a baby.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!