Monday, January 24, 2011

Gluten-free Vanilla Cookies

I have been trying to come up with a chocolate-free cookie
that will taste just as good as our  
gluten-free chocolate chip recipe. 
I tried making it without the chips,
and my lil' gluten-free guy noticed- big time.
So, I threw this together the other day 
and it went over HUGE! 
I've been experimenting with baking with olive oil 
and it works great!
Just make sure it's light olive oil, not extra virgin.
If you prefer not-so-sweet stuff, 
just decrease the amount of brown sugar to 1/2 cup. 
I'm gonna make these again with sucanat instead of the brown sugar and see how they turn out. 
I'm always tweaking my recipes 
to see how they can be healthier.


Gluten-free Vanilla Cookies

1 1/2 C gluten-free flour mix
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
3/4 C brown sugar
1 t vanilla extract (the real thing)
1/2 C light olive oil
1 four oz. jar organic mashed pears (baby food)

1.  Place dry ingredients in medium bowl 
and whisk to aerate.
2.  Add liquids to dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
3.  Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
    (Use a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop.)
4.  Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 12-14 minutes.
5.  Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes,
     then transfer to cooling rack for 8 more.
Makes about 24 cookies.

Enjoy!









4 comments:

  1. this sounds great. I love the idea of putting the part in there to replace some sugar. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daisy...You are making me hungry again. They look great, and I like recipes with just a few ingredients...especially healthier ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan-Hee-hee. The fewer the ingredients, the more the main flavor shines. Less is more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!