Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Red Lentil Fritters

 
 
 
Spending a lot of time cooking is not my idea of a good time.
I do eat clean food, scratch-made
and wouldn't have it any other way.
But seeing as there are other things I'd rather do,
(read g-a-r-d-e-n),
allowing a mere 30 minutes or less to creating healthy, hearty food
has been my mainstay for a good decade or longer. 
 
I've been vegetarian for most of my life,
and lately have found a renewed interest in
cooking vegan or plant-based meals.
These fritters fill the bill just fine.
They are quick to cook,
taste great and keep my belly  happy.
They are creamy on the inside, crisp on the outside
and packed with flavor.
I paired them with a dairy-free ranch dressing.
 
Ela Vegan is one of the YouTube channels I frequent,
and she has armed me with a multitude 
of new delicious, plant-based options.
My version is posted here below.
 
I hope you'll give 'em a go,
even if you don't have dietary restrictions.


 
Red Lentil Fritters
(Ela Vegan)
 
3/4 cup dry red lentils
1 1/4 cup water 
1 red pepper, diced 
1 medium onion, diced 
2 large cloves of garlic, chopped 
4 tbsp (or more as needed) chickpea flour 
1 tbsp chia seeds 
3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped 
1 tsp paprika 
1 tsp ground cumin 
1/2 tsp salt 
Oil for frying
 
Cook lentils in water 20 minutes, until soft, drain.
Add all ingredients to food processor and mix
until well blended.
Fry 3-5 minutes per side.
Enjoy!
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!