Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Going Local-ReSettlers Antique Mall




Over the weekend,
we made a trip up to Statesville
to visit a place Big K has been telling us about for a while.
We are a family of thrifters,
about the only type of shopping we really enjoy.
I guess because it's more like a treasure hunt,
rather than shopping.
ReSettlers Antique Mall didn't disappoint.



 This place is open seven days a week
and showcases treasures from all over North Carolina.
There was a great selection of vintage toys.


For the collector,
cameras I remember from my childhood were displayed.


 Classic radios and other electronics
made us feel like we had stepped back in time.


 These vintage fans have so much character, no?


 If this lantern had been complete,
(it's missing the glass in front),
it may have come home with me.


 Remember watching home movies 
with the help of something akin to this?


 An old parking meter was an unusual sight.
We loved how it was easy to see its inner workings.


C spotted this item.
It's a gas-powered fire alarm,
something that is quite rare.
He collects fire alarm paraphernalia.



Something that caught my eye
was this display of military clothing,


 including this World War II aviator's cap.
If only it could talk...


 Outside was a small selection of garden items
and building materials.


I could picture this whirly-gig flower stake in our garden.
Unfortunately, it was more than I wanted to pay.


 An array of furniture was for sale,
including this treadle sewing machine table.


 Just when we thought we'd seen it all,
Big K told us about 
the 
         back 
                  room.


 There were tools for all kinds of jobs.
Inside,


 and outside.
I spotted a child's metal rake in this bin,
and now wished I had gotten it.
They come in handy for so many little jobs.


 This collection reminds me of Mimi.
She and my grandmother once had
a laundry in France and actually used these types of irons.


 This popcorn popper has seen some action!
Do kids today even know there is another way 
to pop popcorn besides microwaving it?


 Enamelware is dear to my heart.
I managed to resist bringing every pot home.


 Need a bottle or jar?
This is the place to take your pick!
I spied the old-fashioned coffee pots to the left of the shelves.


I remember that we had one of these in our house,
and I think someone used it as a hamper.
It would be fun to come up with other uses for these baskets,
like toy storage, keeping long-handled garden tools,
or turning it upside-down and placing a flowerpot on it.


We are so glad we finally got to ReSettlers.
They handle estate sales, offer booths for folks to sell their items,
and display others' belongings on consignment.
It's a wonderful service for those who are downsizing,
or needing to sell off a family members' belongings.
We'll get back there again, I'm sure.
With inventory changing all the time,
you never know what you might find.

Previous Going Local posts:

Dearness Gardens
Memory Lane Museum
Mike's Growers
Mundy House
Renfrow Hardware

5 comments:

  1. What a fun looking place to plunder in! I'll have to add it to my list. We're definitely thrifters in this house. So much more interesting than shopping at the mall or big box stores. You never know what treasures you'll happen upon. I love vintage fans too, and interesting garden pieces, and enamelware...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhhh, it looks like so much fun! Searching through so much glorious stuff looks like the PERFECT way to spend an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of our favorite hobbies---going through antique stores. Looks like a terrific place with lots of goodies.
    Even if we never buy a thing (often!), it's so fun to look and see what is out there. You just never know what you'll come across....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!