Thursday, February 14, 2019

Morning Glory Muffins




I used to live on these in college.  
I remember many a day between classes,
sitting in the cafeteria and being amazed at the flavor of these treats.
And knowing they were a pretty decent snack
(heck, they are almost a meal in themselves),
made it even easier to savor every bite.
This recipe is based on one I found on  
but I've tweaked it per usual to accommodate my preferences.
The original recipe had a bit too much cinnamon 
and I decided to use pineapple instead of apples.
The biggest surprise was how much texture the flax seed gives them.
Wasn't sure I would like the addition,
but I'm sold.



Morning Glory Muffins

2 C flour
1 1/4 C sugar
2 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon
1/4 t salt
2 C shredded carrots
1/2 C walnuts
1/2 C shredded apple (I used pineapple)
1/4 C flax seed
3 eggs
1 C light olive oil
2 t vanilla
1-3 T pineapple juice

Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
Whisk to aerate.
Add carrots, pineapple (or apple)
and remaining wet ingredients.
Stir well to combine.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Insert paper liners in muffin tins
(I made one tray of mini-muffins
and one tray of standard size muffins.)
Fill liners full (these don't raise much).
Bake 20 minutes for mini-muffins,
25-30 minutes for standard size.
(Makes 16 standard-sized muffins,
and scads of minis!)
Enjoy!




4 comments:

  1. Those sound good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really satisfying! Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm….I tried them today and they are really delicious! Thanks so much for sharing!!! (I used the pineapple as well)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good, right? And not too sweet. So glad you treated yourself. I may make another batch this weekend, as ours are almost gone!
    Thank you for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!