Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The Maple Hill Hop 141



Maple Hill Hop


Welcome to 
The Maple Hill Hop.
This is a hop for folks who love the outdoors.
Feel free to post about anything that's going on
OUTSIDE
in your neck of the woods,
no matter the season.
(Please share only outdoor posts.)
*Grab the button above to link back to Maple Hill 101.*


On Saturday, I had an opportunity to sell my daisy totes
at the local Tractor Supply.
This is a new venue for me.
The fact that there was no fee for the booth space
made it even more appealing.
A few months ago, I had placed a small flyer on their
"Community Bulletin Board",
and someone from the store actually called me to invite me to participate.
What a thrill!

I headed out early to beat the heat and by 8:30, I was set up and ready to go.
There were about 10 other vendors there, 
selling everything from veggies to baked goods to live critters.
There was even a young FFA vendor selling a few feed sack totes of her own!



It was a good experience,
although I can't say it was a financial success.
Each time I do one of these events,
it goes a bit smoother,
and I find myself a little more comfortable in my role as vendor.
The organizer of the fair told me 
they would probably wait until autumn to do the next one.
That gives me plenty of time to make more daisy totes
(and maybe a few other designs I'm thinking about).

That's what's going on where we are.
What's happening in your world?
HOP to it!    

   


   
   


   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!